Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mystical Magical Hiatus


Mystical Magical Hiatus 

Honestly my hiatus wasn't that mystical nor was it magical. It was however filled with life changes. I took a leap and pursued a career that I never thought would work out. Perhaps you know the sort I'm referring to. The sort you dream up as a child and think I'm doing that only to realize as an adult you either didn't prepare for it properly, they don't pay so well, or they're hard to fall into.

Either way I ran full steam ahead, bounced off a wall or ten, and found myself working in the gaming industry. Weird right? Maybe so, but I enjoy it none the less. Now I find myself seeking even more knowledge, and preparing for the future of this new career path. 

I did however find that there wasn't a proper balance in my life while away. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and all. No play? You make video games... Surprising as it sounds it's an unbelievable amount of work. My schedule is anything but what I'd refer to as normal. I work my shift, and then some. Deadlines are the real schedule, and besides I can sleep when I'm dead right?

Not really...I started referring to myself as Seven of Nine while wondering if I had assimilated into the borg collective for good. I quickly realized I needed down time. A hobby, perhaps several hobbies. In the end I realized I needed my blog. I need to make wonderful fizzy things that turn my bath pink. I need to question why I'd try any Pin with copious amounts of glitter. I need a safe place to be opinionated about a product that I was curious enough to spend too much on. I need to share great deals with others looking for them. 

All in all perhaps somewhere behind the hours of staring at spreadsheets, and designing dungeons I lost a little of myself. I became one of many working on a project, and left no room for myself to stand out. I'm glad to return to my little corner of the internet. I hope this time around I'll find a way to really engage with those who read this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment